The foundation of Bixby’s success is a progressive municipal government consistently focused on proactive growth and dedicated to bringing successful new business to Bixby. Prime location, vital logistics, and less taxation all make Bixby the natural choice for business. The city is characterized by an open attitude toward quality development. Bixby is centrally located less than 4 hours from the geographic center of the 48 states and less than 3 hours from the population center of the United States. A business located here can reach half of the US with same-day or overnight motor transport service, and the entire nation with next-day service.
Consider these facts:
- Bixby was one of the fastest growing cities in the state of Oklahoma this past decade, and second fastest growing in the Tulsa metro region, having grown by 57%
- Bixby has a very positive demographic, and features a very attractive quality of life. Its excellent school system is one of its major attractions, along with its quality neighborhoods, friendly small town feel, with many community amenities, and significant commercial development potential, including along the Arkansas River
- 80% of Bixby households are family households
- 45% of Bixby residents have earned a college degree
- The average household income in Bixby is $83,926.00
- 245,405 people live within a 10-mile radius of downtown Bixby
Businesses grow where the opportunities are. And opportunity abounds in Bixby, Oklahoma. The latest Opportunity Gap retail leakage study found half a billion dollars of opportunity in Bixby. With a retail leakage of $473 million for the Bixby trade area, there is a proven, ready market for businesses in key categories, including:
|Gasoline Stations||$45 million|
|Electronics and Appliances||$17 million|
|Beer, Wine, Liquor||$4 million|
|Grocery Stores||$71 million|
|Clothing and Accessories (all)||$39 million|
|Family Clothing||$18 million|
|Sporting Goods, Hobby||$8 million|
|Pharmacies and Drug Stores||$33 million|
|Book, Periodical, Music||$6 million|
|Office Supplies, Stationery||$7 million|
|Department Stores||$51 million
In addition to the size of the retail leakage, Bixby residents rank significantly ahead of the Tulsa MSA in general for Effective Buying Income, a measurement of income earned after taxes. This available spending income allows Bixby residents to afford a generally upscale lifestyle
As stated earlier, the foundation of Bixby’s success is a progressive municipal government consistently focused on proactive growth and dedicated to bringing successful new business to Bixby. If we can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly.
Thank you for “Choosing Bixby”.
Director Economic Development